1. Select the fcpxml file.
- If the file path is red color, it must resolve SSB. Open the preference window, and add the directory path which is in the media file. And reload fcpxml.
2-A. Export the CSV file.
- push export CSV button and specify the directory, the Reference X export file path list to CSV.
2-B. Copy the media files.
- Select a specifie or all files for copy.
- Push copy button and specify the directory that you want to copy the media files area.
- The files of copied are under the specify directory with keep directory stracture. That have from volume name to media file directory structure.
More quickstart documentation is here
Q. What file format dose Reference X supported?
A. Reference X can read fcpxml ver.1.5 - 1.8 (Export from Apple Final Cut Pro X, Balckmagic DaVinci Resolve, Autodesk Flame).
Q. What is the Security-scoped Bookmark(SSB)? And why I add the directory path?
A. Apple designated to create the Sandbox.app to developer. This is for the security to safe the outside of the App. Developer must need to use a decode/encode a SSB, if access the media files from source code without of the user interaction.
You know the video editing is use a lot of media files. And the media files is in the a lot of directory area.So we must use a SSB to clear Apple Dveloper rule to create our App. But some fcpxml files is not recording SSB. So Reference X is must to decode SSB for user in side our App. And it must need a specify directory, that keep the media file. So Reference X is add the directory path in Preference window by user.
Q. Are Reference X also can copy media files inside the Final Cut Pro X library (.fcpbundle)?
A. Yes, if the file path is exists, it's can.
Q. Does the Final Cut Pro 7's XML is supported?
A. Sorry, it's not.
Still need help?
We're sorry if this page didn't help for you. Please contact from twitter @tokyocode_io
. Post the direct message or tweet, if you want.
Update: Jun 23, 2018
code & design in Tokyo Sumida.